Aquiris is looking for a talented engineer with proven experience developing high-performance software to work in a high profile multiplatform game. Your primary activities will be to architecture and develop a real-time multiplayer game in Unreal Engine 4, delivering high quality, highly performant, and clear code that will be maintained by the entire team.
- Implement solutions to synchronize gameplay systems between multiple clients and a server;
- Debug and analyze issues in scenarios where multiple clients and servers interact;
- Work with designers and other programmers to establish guidelines and best practices for developing in an online environment;
- Work on related online features, such as matchmaking, telemetry, stat reporting, replay;
- Design, implement, and test game systems, including the implementation of automated tests and tooling to support asset pipelines;
- Develop solutions to ensure a low memory footprint, over the air update capabilities, and low CPU usage for the games you work on;
- Follow the release of new versions of the game to production, from planning to post-release monitoring;
- Participate in code review sessions and review the designs of your peers;
- Participate in sprint plannings, estimate engineering-related tasks, and help identify risks and assumptions in features you and your team develop;
- Continuously help to improve game development processes, pipelines, and tooling;
- Document all implementations, and whenever possible, introduce an automated generation of documentation;
- Maintain and fix bugs on the systems you develop, including the production environment.
- Strong knowledge of multiplayer game systems;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles;
- Strong math skills with emphasis on 3D vector math;
- Experience working with at least one enterprise-level object-oriented programming language, and understanding of one or more dynamic languages;
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of the software you develop;
- Experience developing systems in the games industry;
- Experience working with version control (Git);
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities, analytical and critical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4.
- Strong understanding of game engine architecture;
- Experience working with agile methodologies;
- Experience working on an environment with microservices and Web APIs;
- Experience working with large-scale projects;
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine Networking and Multiplayer features.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home